ZENHEX.COM

Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: How do you motivate yourself?
zen
Super Administrator

fame: 7090
honor: 817343

[*] posted on 3-19-2014 at 04:54 PM
How do you motivate yourself?

On those days were you don't feel like doing a damned thing, and even lifting a finger for others, for your responsibilities, or when it is demanded of you, is both aggravating and despiriting.
Psychoace
Level-4 Raider

Mood: n/a

fame: 1565
honor: 9788

[*] posted on 3-20-2014 at 05:02 AM

Still trying to figure that out honestly :lol:

When I shut down you can't make me do shit.

EmilyHayes
Artisan

Mood: Happy:)

fame: 0
honor: 0

[*] posted on 3-20-2014 at 10:14 AM

If I need to get motivated to go to the gym, I don't even give myself a choice. I just say "I'm going to the gym." And that's it. Just do and don't think cause then you'll make excuses for why you should just sit on your ass all day instead.
Genocide Reaper
zen\'s little primadonna

Mood: Coffee

fame: 1890
honor: 74269

[*] posted on 3-20-2014 at 11:42 AM

1. If I wake up and instantly want to go back to bed i promise myself I'll go to sleep as soon as I get home from work (lie to myself)

2. I think about the pussy.

3. I remind myself I am not some scumbag that refuses to act and asks others to do it for me.

zen
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-20-2014 at 12:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Genocide Reaper  
1. If I wake up and instantly want to go back to bed i promise myself I'll go to sleep as soon as I get home from work (lie to myself)
It's okay to lie to yourself?
Apparently the part of yourself that you lie to is gullable and never learns to mistrust these promises?
I can never seem to put one over on myself.

of course

LOL yes I'm sarcastically patronizing you, but... I'm going try it anyway. :lol:

3. I remind myself I am not some scumbag that refuses to act and asks others to do it for me.

Now I'm going to go off on a sociological tirade, but if you are always the one unquestioningly and unbegrudgingly upholding what is expected of you, then doesn't that make everyone else scumbags who refuse to do things?

Quote: Originally posted by Psychoace  

Yesterday I just didn't want to do shit, and for about 3 hours I didn't. Maybe four.
Then in a fit of recovery, I caught all my work up in one hour.

Which leads me to a question; Am I not always in a partial state of spite, and do everything half-assed. Yesterday, for 3 hours, I was in a full state of spite, then compensated for it by becoming far more effective than normal. As if the pendulum swung from one extreme to the other.

Quote: Originally posted by EmilyHayes  
If I need to get motivated to go to the gym, I don't even give myself a choice. I just say "I'm going to the gym." And that's it. Just do and don't think cause then you'll make excuses for why you should just sit on your ass all day instead.

Ahhh. the self authoritarian. The internal drill sargeant.
Like Geno's suggestion of self-deception, for this also I seem to be too cynical to accept my own inner authoritarian. I scoff whenever I give myself commands.
TheWanderingJew
Vassal

Mood: I think there's a pulse...

[*] posted on 3-21-2014 at 03:10 AM

It's a mix of me waiting until I freak out about how little time I have left, and getting things done because I want them out of the way.

Basically.

Speak up. Speak clear. Speak ill of me.

Sounds of James Hetfield
Obscurity has no Hero
Pray for the Kingdom

zen
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-21-2014 at 01:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TheWanderingJew  

It's a mix of me waiting until I freak out about how little time I have left, and getting things done because I want them out of the way.

Basically.
same

on those things (demands, obligations, responsibilities), I am either getting it out of the way, or leaving it until I know I can't wait any longer
Genocide Reaper
zen\'s little primadonna

[*] posted on 3-21-2014 at 08:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by zen  
It's okay to lie to yourself?
Apparently the part of yourself that you lie to is gullable and never learns to mistrust these promises?
I can never seem to put one over on myself.

of course

LOL yes I'm sarcastically patronizing you, but... I'm going try it anyway. :lol:

Now I'm going to go off on a sociological tirade, but if you are always the one unquestioningly and unbegrudgingly upholding what is expected of you, then doesn't that make everyone else scumbags who refuse to do things?

Quote: Originally posted by Psychoace  

Yesterday I just didn't want to do shit, and for about 3 hours I didn't. Maybe four.
Then in a fit of recovery, I caught all my work up in one hour.

Which leads me to a question; Am I not always in a partial state of spite, and do everything half-assed. Yesterday, for 3 hours, I was in a full state of spite, then compensated for it by becoming far more effective than normal. As if the pendulum swung from one extreme to the other.

Quote: Originally posted by EmilyHayes  

Ahhh. the self authoritarian. The internal drill sargeant.
Like Geno's suggestion of self-deception, for this also I seem to be too cynical to accept my own inner authoritarian. I scoff whenever I give myself commands.

Yes I lie to myself to motivate myself long enough to get out of bed drink coffee and get in the shower once those two steps are followed motivation is fulfilled.

Pussy is a very good motivational tool.

And as for the last one yes everyone else is a lazy scumbag and If I fall short of motivation then I too am a lazy scumbag but I'm far too OCD to procrastinate when the situation calls for me to get something done, I feel as though I would embarrass my bloodline.

Motivation is like change it must come from within. I just happen to have a voice in my head that when I screw up or laze around talks to me in a ruthless manner.

zen
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-21-2014 at 11:38 PM

Motivation is like change it must come from within. I just happen to have a voice in my head that when I screw up or laze around talks to me in a ruthless manner.

When it comes to necessity, I don't even have a voice. There's no debate. There is only pure enfolding of action.
However, these are rare instances.

When it comes to lazing around, I can't do it for long. In this case also, I don't hear a voice. I just get uncomfortable physically and in my psyche I become a malcontent.

None of these things change the fact that I am suspended in a state of service, and never in context or insight is the valor of my deeds.

Genocide Reaper
zen\'s little primadonna

[*] posted on 3-22-2014 at 05:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by zen  

When it comes to necessity, I don't even have a voice. There's no debate. There is only pure enfolding of action.
However, these are rare instances.

When it comes to lazing around, I can't do it for long. In this case also, I don't hear a voice. I just get uncomfortable physically and in my psyche I become a malcontent.

None of these things change the fact that I am suspended in a state of service, and never in context or insight is the valor of my deeds.

You don't converse with yourself? Debating situations and questioning the actions to be taken and take in the consequence of said actions?

cookierelish901
Vassal

[*] posted on 3-23-2014 at 02:24 PM

grindcore.

Go To Top